WHAT ARE THE MASTERS?
- A local award for the best wedding photography in the UK & Ireland
- €500,- cash prize for the photographer with the most awards in each round
- A new round every three months and the photographers with the most awards at the end of the year are the Masters of Wedding Photography
- A jury consisting of international top wedding photographers
- Developed and supported by wedding photographers
- A community of wedding photographers willing to learn from and with eachother in our FB Group
- A good place for bridal couples to find the best wedding photographers
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Please also take a look at our websites for:
the Netherlands / Masters of Dutch Wedding Photography
Germany / Masters of German Wedding Photography
Italy / Masters of Italian Wedding Photography
WHY AN AWARD FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY?
The Masters of Wedding Photography was established because wedding photographers felt the need for an award to appreciate the best wedding photography in the UK & Ireland and showcase this artwork to all future bridal couples.
The submitted photos are judged by a jury consisting of experienced international wedding photographers. This way, we prevent photographers with a large social network gathering more votes for their photos and consequently winning more prizes.
It's an educational experience for the photographers to participate in this competition, because their photos are judged at the highest level. If someone wins an award, it is a wonderful appreciation for their work and a sign that they are on the right track. Photographers can also draw a great deal of inspiration from other winning photos, and learn from them.
For bridal couples it's important to have a clear distinction in quality between the many wedding photographers. The Masters of Wedding Photography is a wonderful way to make that distinction clear to everyone looking for an exceptionally good wedding photographer.
HOW DOES THE JURY OPERATE ?
The 3 jury members we select before every round have already proven themselves for quite some time in the international wedding photography business. This makes them very capable of distinguishing a good, quality wedding photo from a nice wedding photo. Aspects the jury pays attention to include: impact, emotion, atmosphere, creativity, use of light, composition and post-processing.
By choosing international jurors, the chance of them recognising a photo entered by a colleague photographer is minimised.
How are the photos judged?
How are the photos judged?
- All entries are assessed anonymously, which means that the photographer’s name is not visible, and the jurors are not discussing photos together.
- When 2 or 3 jurors vote in favour of a particular photo, then this photo is presented with an award.
- A juror cannot see which photo has received a vote from another juror.
- A juror can vote for up to 10% of the entries.
- There is no minimum with respect to the number of votes per juror.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THE MASTERS ?
- It's an independent award for the best wedding photography in the UK & Ireland that runs for a full year.
- At the end of the year (after 4 rounds), photographers with the most awards will get great promotion and win great prizes, which are made available by our partners and sponsors.
- You can enter up to 22 photos every round. For the first five photos you pay €10 (around 8 GBP) per photo. The next five photos are free of charge. For photo 11-15 you pay €10 each again and photo 16-22 are free again. Most of the revenue will be used for the promotion of the Masters amongst bridal couples in UK & Ireland.
- After the winning photos have been announced, they will be extensively promoted by our partners in the wedding and photography business.
- After winning an award, the winning photographer may use the MASTERS logo for communication purposes.
- Bridal couples can search our website for photographers with the most awards.
WHEN ARE THE MASTERS ?
Every quarter, every season, every year.